I tried to copy Elon Musk's reading habit

 Introduction

If you are interested in the past of Elon-Musk you may know that he used to read two books a day as he was a child so I tried to read two books a day and see if I could accomplish or not so I got started yesterday(11-10-2021).


Elon-Musk

Step-1

The first step to achieve the mark is  Dopamine Detox so I uninstalled all social media platforms on my device because I knew that if I didn't remove the apps it's just like a nuclear bomb in the way to read two books and I don't want to do any negligence (I kept messenger because if something that requires instant attention can be dealt) and if I mistakenly got in endless scrolling it would be too late to realize and continue reading so I uninstalled them at first and I was ready for the challenge.

Step-2

Deep-Work


The second step is to get started and I started with the book Deep-Work by Cal-Newport and I finished the book around 4-5 hours of constant reading
Habit





 and then I got started with the book the Power of Habits at this time I already had crossed my record at reading a day so I was already exhausted at the point as I was starting to read the book Power of Habits at some point I felt a minute as long as an hour but I  didn't stop here and continue reading where It came a point that I could barely read 50 pages an hour it may be I was reading PDF all day long and I was already exhausted and at that point, I stopped reading and became fresh for some time.  And as I started reading again but the stats again dropped to 30 pages an hour so I stopped reading by completing 40% of the book 


conclusion

As it's clear that I have pushed to my limit and I failed but there are very important lessons from the experiment and as I later calculated that I have crossed the daily pages reading of Warren Buffett

The main lessons of the experiment are:
1) The Goal was quite unrealistic of the current record,
2) I read constantly without breaks,
3) I also tried Dopamine Detox first time.

I will try to hit the mark of two books a day and continue Dopamine Detox and I will write my experiences when I achieve the goal.


If You Have Any Recommendation Please Let Me Know

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post